I suggest you ...

Make install ISO

I was looking forward to reviewing 15.0 Beta. I created a USb stick from the ISO and was pleased with the initial menu. When trying to boot it just hung up on a black screen with messages "Failed to load RTL8168" also RTL2561. These are my nic and wifi cards. All distros give this message but then go on to boot and connect to my network ok. If there was an install option in the initial menu then I could bypass the live demo and install it direct to my HDD.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeffry AllredJeffry Allred commented  · 

I'd love to try SymphonyOS as well, but it hangs up loading eth-0. That's on a 2 year old HP desktop,and a new Acer V5 laptop. I've tried unetbutin, ROSA usb stick writer, MAC usb writer and Suse usb stick creator, all with the same result and they hang up in the same place. Currently I run Mint 17.2 and ROSA 2014.3

• Christoffer SchindelChristoffer Schindel commented  · 

Looking forward to the upcoming whichwill hopefully include a better installer. I sadly didn't manage to boot into the live system on my computer. Keep up the good work though!

• Ryan QuinnAdminRyan Quinn (Founder/Project Lead, SymphonyOS) commented  · 

Our current release may likely be the last for which we have created our ISOs using Remastersys as that project has been closed down. I am looking into a new worfkflow for our releases and this will be kept in mind. If we base our future images more closely on the official debian releases we can likely make use of the existing installer which does allow an install option from the boot menu.

In the meantime I would recommend using the apt-get method listed on our download page to install Mezzo on a standard install of Debian 7 (Wheezy). This method on a clean install will provide you with the same experience as the only differences may be the background image being brought into lightdm and the lack of the install icon in the settings tab (since the installer would not be present).

Feedback and Knowledge Base